Bush Village Bike Tour from Diani beach.
Visiting different villages with traditional dances, meeting with the local population, explaining their way of life and their different professions such as the bush doctor – is an ultimate African experience.
Day 1 : Diani Beach / Local Village / Diani Beach
This ride involves a peep into rural Kenyan life. Leaving Diani Bikes Centre and riding through forest paths. The first visit begins in the Masai village, where you can see how they live, says the Masai, Masai seen the dances, fires and he shall be able to buy a souvenir to commemorate the Masai. The second stop is a simple, self-help primary school (it is a nice idea to bring small gifts of books, pens or sweets), and then continues to a village community of simple homesteads. A visit to the local Mganga (the Swahili name for a witch doctor) but these days they deal in healing and herbal treatments, not casting spells! (Although many have psychic powers), the ride continues Ukunda rural market where there’s local shopping. Also, you can taste the coconut and coconut wine. Then finally back home.
* HINT : This program can take a minimum of two hours to a maximum of four hours depending on the activities and the interest of the participants involved. The tour can be done both in the morning, afternoon and return before sunset.
This Day Trip Includes:-
- Entrance fees where applicable
- Transfer by minibus to and from The Bike Centre
- A 1/2 L bottle of water per person per trip
- A good mountain bike with a local guide.
This Day Trip Does Not Include:-
- International flight tickets
- Tips and personal expenses
- The comprehensive insurance, cancellation and repatriation
- Anything else not mentioned in the travel contract