Accommodation at Amboseli
Amboseli Serena Lodge is set against the magnificent backdrop of Africa’s highest mountain inside the Amboseli National Park, the glittering Mount Kilimanjaro, the luxury Amboseli Serena Lodge enjoys a uniquely privileged position at the heart of this world-famous national park.
Secluded within a grove of acacia trees, Amboseli Serena Lodge looks out over the golden Savannah plains, with uninterrupted views of the mountain itself. The lodge setting is magnificent with the park boasting more big games than almost anywhere else in Africa.
Close by Amboseli Serena Lodge is a series of emerald green swamps, which are fed by the melting snows of Kilimanjaro. These, the only sources of water in this otherwise starkly beautiful but arid park, attract huge numbers of wallowing elephants, hippos, buffalos and plains game.
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge Facilities
- Central dining room, internal and external bar
- Free form swimming pool and sundeck
- Gift shop and business centre
- Guided nature walks or bird-watching walks
- Dinner in the bush, breakfast on the plains
- Watch the sun go down over Mount Kilimanjaro
- Spacious interior bar with exterior terrace. Separate exterior campfire bar Visit to Maasai communities, opportunities to buy Maasai handicrafts
- Maasai dance performances in dedicated exterior bush BBQ area. Resident guitarist
- Satellite TV (in communal areas only)
- 24-hour on-call medical services
- Conference centre
- Baby-sitting, family rooms, children’s dining/menus
- Massages, facials, pedicures, manicures
- Board games and library of Africana books
- Special dietary needs catered for with advance notification
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge Rooms:
Luxury ensuite rooms are accommodated in two single-storey dedicated buildings, which lie to the right and left of the main reception and dining areas. Each tastefully-appointed room features a Maasai-inspired, hand-painted, wall fresco, king-sized bed or luxurious twins, lavish all-encompassing mosquito-curtaining, bathroom (with walk-in shower), writing/vanity unit, and private veranda. Triple rooms can be made available.
- 92 rooms (inclusive of family rooms and suites: all non-smoking
All rooms include:
- Ceiling fan
- Telephone and WiFi connectivity
- 24-hour room service
- Complimentary mineral water and toiletries
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Valet, laundry, shoe-shine
- Hair dryers and safes
Foods & Drinks options at Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
One restaurant and two bars.
• Masai Bush Barbeque Dinner
• Observation Hill Sun-Downers
• Special dietary needs catered for (E.g. Vegetarian, Kosher, Gluten free) with advance notification
• Picnic lunch boxes on request