Accommodation in Tsavo West
Voyager Ziwani Camp in is one of the best Hotels In Tsavo East National Park. It has a spectacular view of Mount Kilimanjaro and easy access to the wild attractions of Park. Voyager Ziwani offers a tranquil retreat in one of the wildest places left on Earth.
This camp is on a private sanctuary on the western edge of Tsavo National Park. It sits on a secluded dam on the Sante River – home to turtles, crocodiles and hundreds of basking hippos. A short drive will deposit you among the big game of one of Kenya’s wildest and least explored national parks. The journey to Voyager Ziwani involves a scenic two-hour drive from Mtito Andei. One can take a direct flight of 20 minutes from Mombasa or 30 minutes from Nairobi.
Voyager Ziwani Camp is today famous for being in ‘big game country’. Tsavo is one of the biggest national parks in the world, Tsavo West. Tsavo West has a rich tapestry of volcanic upheavals and the volcanic rubble heap that is Chaim. this land is as diverse as its wildlife.
Of the camp’s 25 tents, 16 sit on the southern bank of the Sante River and nine on the northern. Each tent has a double or twin beds. It also has a modern en suite bathroom with a flush toilet and piping hot shower. The five special deluxe tents lift the luxury even higher. It has a huge king-size bed, classic furnishings, and spacious bathrooms with all mod cons.
Voyager Ziwani Safari Camp Facilities
- Restaurant serving homemade table d’hote cuisine
- Special vegetarian kitchen and dedicated chef
- Intimate lounge bar overlooking the dam
- Small boutique with souvenirs and safari essentials
- Reliable telephone, fax and e-mail connections
- All-weather airstrip on the edge of camp grounds.
Voyager Ziwani Safari Camp Rooms Types
Voyager Ziwani Camp Triple Tents
Situated around the banks for the Sante River each tent has a size of 26 sq. metres; and is comfortably furnished with 3 twin beds of 100cmx200cm. Each luxury tent is spacious and features modern en suite bathroom with a flush toilet, piping hot shower all the necessary amenities. The Luxury tents have a large secluded verandah overlooking the wildlife-rich shores of the river.
Voyager Ziwani Camp Double/Twin Tents
Situated around the banks for the Sante River each tent has a size of 26 sq. metres; and is comfortably furnished with either a queen size bed 150cmx200cm or 2 twin beds of 100cmx200cm. Each luxury tent is spacious and features modern en suite bathroom with a flush toilet, piping hot shower all the necessary amenities. The Luxury tents have a large secluded verandah overlooking the wildlife-rich shores of the river.
Foods & Drinks options at Voyager Ziwani Safari Camp
The Board basis is usually full board, which includes three delicious meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Activities at Voyager Ziwani Safari Camp
Thing to do while at Voyager Ziwani
- Escorted game walks with our experienced naturalists
- Astronomy with our knowledgeable naturalists
- Night drives to view grazing hippos and nocturnal game
- Ranch tour of Gicheha farm including the historic ‘Sniper Tree ’
- Trips to the mystical twin volcanic lakes of Chala and Jipe
- Visits to the historical tower and tombs of Grogan’s Castle
- Tours of the World War II battlefields on ‘Slaughter Hill’
- Bush breakfasts and barbecue dinners in our sanctuary
- Nightly entertainment by Maasai dancers
- Informative talks and slideshows on local wildlife and culture
- Childrens’ games and activities with our Adventurers’ and Young Rangers’ Clubs