Accommodation in Masai Mara
Fig Tree Camp is located on the banks of the Talek River in the world-famous Masai Mara game reserve. The Camp is situated on the northern border of the game reserve and its central location makes all areas of the park accessible during game drives. To make an evening a real adventure, at the Fig Tree Camp one can choose to stay in a tent or a chalet, giving the best of both worlds. The rooms spaciously line up along the Talek River, overlooking the plains of the game reserve.
Fig Tree Camp Rooms Types
Fig Tree Camp, Masai Mara has a total of 80 Luxury Rooms :
- ( 38 Safari Tents overlooking the Talek River, each with a double and single bed.)
- 32 Garden Chalets with Double and Single Beds.
- 10 Superior Ngamboli Tents on the banks of the Talek River.
The Ngamboli tents are the super luxury tents located on a private wing of the Camp with open views over the Mara game reserve. All rooms are ensuite and have their private balcony.
Activities at Fig Tree Camp
- Game Drives: – The Camp has a fleet of 4 wheel vehicles with driver guides and is able to offer game drives for clients. The Camp also organizes “fly in” packages from Nairobi and Mombasa.
- Guest Lectures: – Our local naturalist is available to give guest free lectures and slide presentations on the Masai Mara. Local Masai dancers also entertain clients in the evening.
- Game Walks: – For a small charge, Masai Morans are available to take clients on game walks allowing them to walk freely enjoying the openness and beauty of the park.
- Champagne Bush Dinners:– Only from Fig Tree Camp can one enjoy the special experience of moonlight “Champagne Bush Dinners”. This excursion involves a Night Game drive and a barbecue dinner on the Mara plains.
- Balloon Safaris: – Based at the Fig Tree Camp is Adventures Aloft with daily Balloon departures. There is little to beat the bird’s eye view of the Masai Mara. To top of this special occasion, a full Champagne breakfast complete with an open bar is organized on the landing site to celebrate the flight.